04/24/2017 4:12 PM
Zach Jancarski – Outfield – (BT 2017)
- Jancarski has been the consummate lead-off hitter over the last few weeks, consistently getting on base and wreaking havoc on the base paths. Most recently, in the Terps’ sweep against Michigan State over the weekend, Jancarski contributed six hits, two runs and three RBI. For the year, his average is all the way up to .340 and he leads the team in stolen bases with 14.
Mississippi State Bulldogs
Cody Brown – Infield/Outfield – (BT 2014-2016)
- Brown, a long-time Big Train player, has been having a great season for the Bulldogs, who are ranked #16 nationally. He’s hitting .317, tied for second on the team in home runs (5) and tied for third in RBI (20). Over the course of the Bulldogs’ three-game sweep of the University of Alabama over the weekend, Brown had five hits, scored four runs and drove in another.
UNC Wilmington Seahawks
Nick Feight – Catcher – (BT 2014 & 2015)
- Feight had a huge weekend series against Hofstra, going 6/15 (including a home run) in the three games with two runs scored and six RBI. The power-hitting catcher now has a whopping 10 home runs on the year (tied for the team lead) to go along with his team-leading 34 RBI and fantastic .314 batting average.
Logan Farrar – Outfield – (BT 2013-2016)
- Farrar, a three-year Big Train veteran and longtime fan favorite, has really picked things up at the plate after a relatively slow start to the season, and this past weekend was no different. Throughout the Rams’ sweep against Fordham over the weekend, Farrar had five hits (he is now on a seven-game hitting streak) and scored two runs. For the season, he’s hitting .313 and leads the Rams in runs (30) by a sizeable margin (the next closest player has 24).
Saint Mary’s Gaels
Jake Valdez – Pitcher – (BT 2014)
- Valdez was sensational in his outing on Sunday: 7 IP, 2 R (1 ER) with 10 K’s. His team gave him literally no run support, as the Gaels would score twice in the eighth and once in the ninth to pull off a come-from-behind 3-2 victory, meaning Valdez didn’t get the Win, but his excellent outing can’t be overlooked. His ERA for the year dropped to 3.06 and his record remains at 3-2.
Zach Kirtley – Infield – (BT 2015)
- Kirtley’s production has steadily been on the uptick over the last few weeks; over the weekend in the Gaels’ three-game sweep against the University of the Pacific, Kirtley notched six hits, three runs and two RBI. As the team’s #3 hitter, Kirtley is expected to be a big presence in the lineup, and he’s been just that lately. His 34 walks (15 more than the next closest player) in 39 games is indicative of the fear he strikes into imposing pitchers, who would often rather simply walk him, and is a big reason why he leads the team in on-base-percentage (.426).
Tulane Green Wave
Grant Brown – Outfield – (BT 2014)
- Brown has been one of the Green Wave’s most consistent players all season and has really turned things on at the plate as of late, as evidenced by his current six-game hitting streak (he’s also hit safely in eight of his last nine games). Over the weekend against the University of Houston, Brown combined for four hits, two RBI and one run and raised his average to .293 in the process.
Austin Hale – Catcher – (BT 2016)
- Hale earned ASUN Player of the Week honors after a four-game stretch in which he had 10 hits, scored four runs and drove in three. After his dominant performances, he raised his season average to .278 and now leads the team in doubles (12). Congratulations to Austin on a fantastic week!
Jacob Koos – Outfield – (BT 2017)
- Koos keeps on plugging away at the plate – his hitting streak now stands at nine games. Over the weekend, he added five hits and scored two runs, bringing his season totals to .299 at the plate and a team-leading 37 runs scored.
Logan Gilbert – Pitcher – (BT 2016)
- Another day, another dominant performance from Gilbert, who has been one of the best pitchers in the country for the entire season. Most recently, he pitched seven innings, allowing a single earned run and striking out five in the hatters 11-0 win against USC Upstate. He remains a perfect 7-0 on the season with a sparkling 2.13 ERA.
Share This Article
Browse by Year »2023
Browse by Month »September 2023